Memoirs of Erin Richelle

Thursday, August 24, 2006

CANCUN: TAKE TRES (that's a wrap)

Things that I missed while in Cancun:

  • First and foremost, my mom (even though she was driving me absolutely CA-RA-ZY the 24 hours before I left, I completely missed her the most while I was gone, like a little kid at overnight camp)
  • My daily dose of Wendy Williams from 2-6 PM
  • Chatting w/ my Pennsylvania Ashley B. about nothing in particular, basically office / school gossip and other randomness (and my daily virtual head nods to Ashley’s “boooyyyyfriend” Arty!
  • My cat Missy and even her 9lives flavored breath
  • My house, bathroom, bedroom, etc. etc. etc.
  • English speakers
  • American dollars
  • Candy options, i.e. SOUR PATCH KIDS
  • Talking to my “baby puffin” just because… (he will be thoroughly introduced in a future posting)
  • Rita’s water ice and Philadelphia pretzels (of course)
  • Cold water (b/c evidently Mexicans value water set at room temperature)

Things that I will DEFINITELY NOT miss about CANCUN:

  • La Coocarachas translated to mean cock roaches
  • Seeing old moms live out their wildest spring break Cancun fantasies from 1964
  • The brown towel that the hotel staff left in our room which they claimed was clean, BROWN is never clean, UNLESS, of course it is brown skin that we are talking about!!! (and we ALL know that brown skin is ... effing fabulous!)
  • The 24/7 smell of alcohol that was everywhere
  • The exploitation of Mexicans (Mexican bar dancers, Mexican male dancers who stripped at night clubs, Mexican midgets who served green alcohol in unmarked alcoholic containers, Mexican midgets who wore dreadlocks and Indian feathers in their heads, Mexican hustlers who would try to sell you salt water at the beach, Mexican hair braiders, who are offering to brade tourists hair..."biatch, I challenge you to a hair braiding battle, " Mexicans who (you get the picture). . .

Things that I will miss about Cancun:

  • Fun times w/ Ashley and Jay (Ashley’s boyfriend)
  • All inclusive drinks all day, everyday (If only such could be the norm at Villanova School of Law)
  • Jet skiing...believe it or not, I enjoyed it!
  • Uhm yea... I think that is it!!!

HEY CANCUN, IT'S BEEN REAL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home