Memoirs of Erin Richelle

Thursday, August 24, 2006

CANCUN: TAKE DOS

Ok, so it is definitely nice being away, and just being on vacation, but at times I have had mixed emotions about being here. Last night for example, while at Dady O’s I kept thinking in my head, “Omigosh, I am way too classy for Cancun.” I’m sorry, but watching slut bag whore type girls battle it out in a pole-dancing contest, and having a Mexican midget come by every 5 minutes whistling his little Mehicano whistle in my ear in an attempt to get me to drink some green alcoholic goo from an unlabeled bottle (see Erin Richelle’s comments on unmarked or generically marked bottles of liquor in “Welcome to Detroit City” posting) DOES NOT a fun / fabulous time make.

So, I thought to myself, what does a BAP do when she finds herself in this situation? (a) Pout and ruin her and everyone else’s trip? (b) Say, “when in Rome do as the Romans” and join in on the fun, (c) talk to the fabulous BAP voice in her head that tells her, “Girlfriend, you are on vacation, you can make the best out of any and every situation,” realizing that I only have less than 3 days in this place, make the best of it and promise myself that I will never return again.
If, you guessed “A” you have mistaken the B.A.P. for the B.I.T.C.H., if you guessed “B”, you have mistaken the B.A.P. for the Bogus BAP (see definition of types of BAPs in BAP Handbook), and if you guessed “C”, ding, ding, ding, YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

I brightened my trip up by starting the following morning off with a mimosa at brunch, followed up by jet-skiing…YES I jet skied. I will admit that it took a whole heck of a lot of convincing by Ashley and Jay…but it was pretty fun…even though I was afraid to go out by myself, Ashley and I shared, and we even switched half way through and she left me drive, which was WILD to say the least … lots of screaming, lots of jerking and almost being tossed into the ocean, but we are alive and safe, which is a good thing since I currently don’t have medical insurance, b/c my mom’s plan dropped me b/c I am 23…but damnit I am a full time LAW student, and that should COUNT FOR SOMETHING. Sorry, for digressing but that was an attack for insurance companies, just in case the CEO of HMO or whatever it is called is a Memoirs of Erin Richelle reader…

So, anyways, after 30 minutes of jet skiing, we hung out in the pool for hours, followed by reading my Harper’s Bazaar and Lucky magazine under a Cabana on the beach and then a fabulous dinner that night consisting of lobster, shrimp, sea bass, scallops and sangria, I can say I truly did the BAP thing and brought the C for Class back into the C for Cancun trip!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home